Yesterday Keith and I took the boys out to the farm-site with us to cut and move more brush as we prepare for the construction of our new farmhouse. We were joined by a few family and friends who volunteered their time and muscles to help with the work.
Originally we’d hoped to burn the brush that’s piling up about the place, but with a Class 3 fire hazard issued by the Maine Forest Service the Town of Anson is not currently issuing burn permits. So instead we moved more brush.
We fed our crew hotdogs roasted over a fire in the charcoal grill, and treated them to marshmallows. The boys had a great time, though they did very little work, they kept themselves occupied so that everyone else could do what needed to be done.
Thanks to everyone who gave up their Sunday to help us.